WASH services crucial in prisons (post from Uganda)

Page selection:
  • beneastfund
  • Topic Author

Re: [SuSanA forum] WASH services crucial in prisons (post from Uganda)

Are you interested to learn what is happening as far as WASH in prisons is concerned. Please visit www.ircwash.org/blog . Those interested in prisons WASH reach me via email <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>

Benon Ndemere
Uganda

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • JKMakowka
  • Just call me Kris :)

Re: WASH services crucial in prisons (post from Uganda)

Hi Benon. You are still working with Luzira Prison services? I think we met back in my time with UWASNET :)

This is indeed a somewhat neglected topic. I think one of the few international organizations that has that on their main agenda is ICRC (but I guess they are only present in northern Uganda due to the post-conflict situation there).

They made a nice guidance document though:
www.icrc.org/en/publication/0823-water-s...-and-habitat-prisons

• beneastfund
  • Topic Author

WASH services crucial in prisons (post from Uganda)

Dear thematic groups members and development partnersPrisons institutions and barracks are  neglected globally by development partners to support WASH interventions.visit www.irc.org/blogs 

We want funding agencies to implement prison led WASH in uganda. to empower prisoners and staff families to become WASH champions and change agents during and after time in prison. Any interested funding organization  can contact me  via email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.    for further discussion.

Thank you
Benon Ndemere
Uganda
The following user(s) like this post: JKMakowka

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds