Do you know of any materials used by the operators in charge of O&M in a decentralised treatment plants for fecal sludge? (question from Kenya)

Page selection:
  • AlexandraDubois
    Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Technical advisor specialized in water, sanitation and hygiene. I work for GIZ since 2012 and have gathered experience in the sub-Saharan region mainly. Since January 2022, I work as an advisor for the “Water Policy Sector Programme - Innovations for Resilience” in Bonn and I am part of the SuSanA secretariat.

Re: O&M manual or any related literature?

Dear all

Just to let you know that the Operator's manual for the DTF (Decentralised Treatment Facility) is now available in the SuSanA library among other key documents for the implementation of the UBSUP programme (for more discussion on UBSUP click here ). These documents are also available in the Safisan toolkit of the Water Sector Trust Fund webpage

Regards
Alexandra
Alexandra Dubois

Technical Advisor
Sector Programme Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Division Climate Change, Environment & Infrastructure

GIZ │Deutsche Gesellschaft für
Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 32
53113 Bonn, Germany

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: O&M manual or any related literature?

Hi Alexandra,

You asked: "Do you know of any material (manual, O&M plan, spreadsheets, forms, etc.) used by the operators or staff in charge of O&M in a decentralised treatment plant?"

There are some documents along those lines from Vietnam in the SuSanA library. See here:
www.susana.org/en/resources/library/details/1356

WMP (2005). Planning, operation and maintenance of wastewater treatment plants for wastewater utilities in Vietnam - A selection of WMP publications, a programme implemented through the German-Vietnamese development cooperation. GIZ Wastewater and Solid Waste Management in Provincial Centers (WMP)

The objective of this German – Vietnamese partnership development programme is the improvement of the wastewater sector in Vietnam. The programme with GIZ (Technical Cooperation) in tandem with investment measures by KfW Entwicklungsbank (Financial Cooperation) is advising and supporting the national government as well as nine provincial governments and wastewater utilities in those provinces since 2005. One activity is the promotion of decentralized wastewater treatment (DWWT). A selection of publications of the programme is available here. For more publications please visit the programme website.

Is that of any use for your purposes?

We also have a filter function in the SuSanA library called "manuals" but this is very broad and gives you these filter results:
www.susana.org/en/resources/library?vbl_...5D=&vbl_3%5B60%5D=60

Please make sure that when you've created your manual that you announce it here and have it uploaded to the SuSanA library for sharing. :-)

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/
The following user(s) like this post: Doreen

• AlexandraDubois
    Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Technical advisor specialized in water, sanitation and hygiene. I work for GIZ since 2012 and have gathered experience in the sub-Saharan region mainly. Since January 2022, I work as an advisor for the “Water Policy Sector Programme - Innovations for Resilience” in Bonn and I am part of the SuSanA secretariat.

Do you know of any material (manual, O&M plan, spreadsheets, etc.) used by the operators or staff in charge of O&M in a decentralised treatment plant?

Dear SuSanA community

I am currently trying to develop a manual for the people operating the decentralised treatment facility (DTF) that we are implementing in Kenya. I have already a rough idea on the content and the form but it would be interesting to check at some already existing models. Do you know of any material (manual, O&M plan, spreadsheets, forms, etc.) used by the operators or staff in charge of O&M in a decentralised treatment plant? I have attached few documents that I found useful as a starting point.
You can also check at this pdf document from IWA (too big for attachment)
www.unesco-ihe.org/sites/default/files/fsm_book_lr.pdf

If you have any additional literature to recommend, I am more than interested!

Best regards
Alexandra Dubois

Technical Advisor
Sector Programme Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Division Climate Change, Environment & Infrastructure

GIZ │Deutsche Gesellschaft für
Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
Friedrich-Ebert-Allee 32
53113 Bonn, Germany

This message has attachments files.
Please log in or register to see it.

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds