Call for contributions on the principle of accountability and the human rights to water and sanitation

Page selection:
  • pascalgarde
    Topic Author
  • Consultant on WASH Policy and Governance

Re: Call for contributions on the principle of accountability and the human rights to water and sanitation

Dear Elisabeth,

Thank you for your reply and for sharing the link to the forum discussion. This is useful. Indeed, the definiiton of social accountability provided fits the scope of the report. We are actually organizing an expert consultation on 14 & 15 May, which discussions will also feed the report preparation. I believe we can still receive submissions until then.

You can access the list of submission receveid so far from the following web page:
www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/WaterAndSanitati...fAccountability.aspx

Thanks again,
Best regards,
Pascal

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Call for contributions on the principle of accountability and the human rights to water and sanitation

Dear Pascal,

Thanks for posting your call here. I am just wondering if the mentioned "accountability" has anything to do with the "social accountability" that we discussed on the forum here?:
forum.susana.org/242-advocacy-and-civil-...water-and-sanitation

I noticed the deadline for your questionnaire has passed. Did you get many submissions? When is the new report by Leo Heller due?

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• pascalgarde
    Topic Author
  • Consultant on WASH Policy and Governance

Call for contributions on the principle of accountability and the human rights to water and sanitation

Leo Heller’s next report to the General Assembly in 2018 will focus on: THE PRINCIPLE OF ACCOUNTABILITY in the context of the human rights to safe drinking water and sanitation.

The Special Rapporteur departs his initial analysis on the topic from a broad interpretation of the principle of accountability and focuses on the relationship of State and non-State actors involved in policy-making, provision and regulation of water and sanitation services to the people affected by their actions and decisions.

We would like to invite all concerned stakeholders (State and non-State) to submit their contributions by responding to a questionnaire by 15 March 2018. Responses can be provided in in English, French or Spanish, and sent via email to: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

The questionnaire is available at:
www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/WaterAndSanitati...fAccountability.aspx

For any questions do not hesitate to contact me at: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds