cewas -Start your own Business in the Water Sector!

Page selection:
  • NaomiRadke
    Topic Author
  • I am interested in sustainable sanitation and water management, working at seecon international

Re: cewas -Start your own Business in the Water Sector!

Hej Elisabeth,

great that you are curious!

There are several projects that took the jump to become start-ups and maintain their business running.
Not all of them are working within the sanitation context.
MDML in the United States;
the Consulting Services of ESF in Pune, India that concentrate on DEWATS;
and Prana - Sustainable Water (financing mechanisms for water treatment and reuse)
are good examples of successful start-ups in the sanitation sector.

You can find more info on these and other start-ups here: www.cewas.org/start-up/cewas-start-ups

Certainly, cewas still needs to work on the gender-balance within the think tank, whereas in the cewas/seecon office itself the ladies are in the majority :)

Hope I could answer your questions at least partially! Otherwise the start-ups themselves are surely happy to tell you more about the experiences they went through.

Have a great day,
Naomi
// Naomi Radke
MSc Sustainable Development
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
seecon international gmbh
society - economy - ecology - consulting
Basel, Switzerland

www.seecon.ch/

check out the SSWM toolbox for info on sustainable sanitation and water management:
www.sswm.info/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: cewas -Start your own Business in the Water Sector!

Dear Naomi,

Now that cewas has been going for 2-3 years (?), I am curious to hear if you have any success stories, i.e. sanitation businesses that have survived beyond their start-up phase and are maybe even flourishing now? Do you have any of them that you could share with us (or they could even post here)?

By the way, your "Think Tank" is a bit male dominated.
www.cewas.org/think-tank
13 men versus 1 woman! :unsure:

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• NaomiRadke
    Topic Author
  • I am interested in sustainable sanitation and water management, working at seecon international

cewas -Start your own Business in the Water Sector!

Being a newbie to the SuSanA forum, I’d like to introduce myself. As a recent graduate as Master Sc. in Sustainable Development I am now involved as a trainee at seecon. With an economic background I have focussed my studies on environmental issues especially with regard to energy and climate change. From a thematic point of you I am focussing on aspects of sustainable water and sanitation management. I especially keep myself busy with assisting at maintaining and enhancing the SSWM Toolbox (www.sswm.info) and any other SSWM-related projects.

Training Programme for Start-Ups in the Water Sector!

cewas is the international Training Centre for start-ups in the water, sanitation and resource management based in Willisau (Switzerland). The Start-Up programme addresses entrepreneurs-to-be with an interest in SSWM and that want to start their business in the emerging water sector. The 1-year training programme includes: business coaching for the water sector and consulting by international experts and an extensive international network. Start-Ups are supported by a core group of international experts (the cewas Think-Tank).
The next batch is from September 2013 to August 2014.
Applications are now open (deadline: 21st of June 2013).
Learn more on: www.cewas.org and the programme flyer (attached)
This attachment is hidden for guests.
Please log in or register to see it.
// Naomi Radke
MSc Sustainable Development
seecon international gmbh
society - economy - ecology - consulting
Basel, Switzerland

www.seecon.ch/

check out the SSWM toolbox for info on sustainable sanitation and water management:
www.sswm.info/

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

The following user(s) like this post: kim068

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds