1st international seminar on Algal Technologies for Wastewater Treatment and Resource Recovery

Page selection:
  • MRonteltap
    Topic Author
  • Lecturer Sanitary Engineering teaching in SuSan at UNESCO-IHE

1st international seminar on Algal Technologies for Wastewater Treatment and Resource Recovery

Dear all,

hope this posting finds you well! After 5 months of maternity leave I returned to the office to find this very interesting post waiting on my desk:

My colleague Peter van der Steen , an expert in Algal Technologies for WWT, put together a very interesting programme for a conference hosted here at UNESCO-IHE on April 9.

The description is posted below. If possible I will have the presentations uploaded here after the conference. Looking forward to seeing you here!

+++++++++

On 9 April 2015, UNESCO-IHE organizes the 1st international seminar on Algal Technologies for Wastewater Treatment and Resource Recovery.

Recent advances in algal technology, mostly developed for biofuel production, open up possibilities for application to wastewater treatment and resource recovery. At the same time, in the developing world increasing volumes of wastewater go untreated, partly because available technologies are either costly, technologically too complicated or demanding too much land.

Algal technologies have the potential to be used for energy efficient, compact wastewater treatment in which by-products are generated for cost-recovery.

Presentations during the seminar will address the potential and challenges of innovative technologies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds