Overview of grant types GCE Round 6 and 7 and RTTC Round 1 and 2

Page selection:
  • Pac

Re: Overview of grant types GCE Round 6 and 7 and RTTC Round 1 and 2

thanks for your help, i'll have a look at that etoilet post.. maybe it fit my proposal.
Aldo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

It's a nice technology and video (reminds me of those fancy Japanese toilets), and I could imagine an application in public toilets for example at highway rest stops (due to its self-cleaning nature - no need for a toilet brush!). But it wouldn't have fitted the criteria for BMGF grants anyway, which have a focus on developing countries and which clearly state: support sanitation services in contexts without centralized, waterborne sanitation.

Anyway, looks like you don't need more R&D money but should focus now on marketing your product.
Good luck with it,
Elisabeth

P.S. come to think of it, it has some resemblance with the concept of this "e-toilet" in India, maybe of interest to you:
forum.susana.org/forum/categories/105-pr...ram-scientific-india
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• Pac

well.. thanks Elizabeth for clearing out this point :)
by the way I quickly introduce my proposal hoping that it can be of interest to anyone..
I'm the author of an innovative water-saving toilet which I believe would be of great help to solve problems arising from sanitation.

The main features are:
⁃ Saves 50% water consumption
⁃ It avoids regular cleaning and brush
⁃ Wash and sanitizes the toilet seat at each discharge
⁃ Automatic clean in only 1 minute

You can watch a demonstration video on youtube:

for these reason I was interested to apply for a RTTC or GCD grant and therefore seeking infos about the application process.

Best Regards
The following user(s) like this post: jkeichholz

• Elisabeth
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Dear Aldo Candusso,

I re-checked the pdf file which we mentioned above, i.e. www.susana.org/docs_ccbk/susana_download...y-2013-version-2.pdf .

It is perhaps a bit misleading but the time periods given at the top of the table refer to the entire grant periods, but not to the application periods (which are only 3 months, and the last one ended last year).

As far as I know there is currently no open application period for the RTTC or GCE grants of the BMGF, except if you are in India or China.
India: forum.susana.org/forum/categories/139-ge...nda-gates-foundation

I will also double check with my contact person at the Foundation to see if there are any new calls just around the corner perhaps.

In the meantime, feel free to tell people about your proposal on this discussion forum and get feedback, or check if others have already talked about the same proposal (unless you want to keep your idea secret for now. ;) )

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Pac

Thanks for this helpful document, but I still got one question regarding these grants.. since I do have an interesting proposal for an innovative water saving toilet, I was wondering if I am still on time to apply for any of these grants (either RTTC round 2 or GCE round 7) since I could not find very clear infos about this.. according to your pdf it seems the deadlines are respectively October 2013 and December 2013 but reading on the websites it seems like them are both expired so I would be thankful if you could clear me this point.
Thanks for helping

• Elisabeth

Dear Christoph and all,

And we have also added another interesting link to this page:
susana.org/lang-en/research/funded-by-bi...nda-gates-foundation

Towards the bottom of the page you find a link to this:
The public list of awarded grants is updated regularly on the Foundation website, and you can sort it to see just the grants in Water, Sanitation & Hygiene.
www.gatesfoundation.org/How-We-Work/Quic...n%2C%20and%20Hygiene

In this database you find the exact amount of money that was awarded to each grant. I find this very interesting, very transparent, and sometimes mind-boggling how much money is given to these grants. To think that all this money comes from one person, Bill Gates, and, well, his entire company, staff, the success of their products etc. - but it really is amazing, I have a lot of respect for the work of the Foundation. He could have also put his money into other things (airplanes, cars, villas, islands, ...) but chose this cause, including sanitation, which is awesome.

Regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Located in Ulm, Germany

• NaomiRadke
    Topic Author
  • I am interested in sustainable sanitation and water management, working at seecon international

Welcome, I am glad it is helpful :)
Greetings to Brazil!
// Naomi Radke
MSc Sustainable Development
seecon international gmbh
society - economy - ecology - consulting
Basel, Switzerland

www.seecon.ch/

check out the SSWM toolbox for info on sustainable sanitation and water management:
www.sswm.info/

• christoph
  • Sanitary engineer with base in Brazil and Peru, doing consultancy in other countries of LA

Re: Overview over grant types GCE Round 6 and 7 and RTTC Round 1 and 2!

Thank you very helpful and it makes it easier to understand the different projects which have been posted.
Christoph

• NaomiRadke
    Topic Author
  • I am interested in sustainable sanitation and water management, working at seecon international

Overview of grant types GCE Round 6 and 7 and RTTC Round 1 and 2

To get the most relevant information about the water, sanitation and hygiene grants by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) in one spot, a brief overview of the two grant types (GCE Round 6 and 7, RTTC Round 1 and 2) has been compiled by myself and Dorothee.

The overview is now available under the following link: www.susana.org/docs_ccbk/susana_download...y-2013-version-2.pdf

See also this overview page on the SuSanA website about the research projects funded by the BMGF:
www.susana.org/lang-en/research/funded-b...nda-gates-foundation
// Naomi Radke
MSc Sustainable Development
seecon international gmbh
society - economy - ecology - consulting
Basel, Switzerland

www.seecon.ch/

check out the SSWM toolbox for info on sustainable sanitation and water management:
www.sswm.info/
The following user(s) like this post: tmsinnovation, Marijn Zandee

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds