We have an internal contact function on the forum

• muench
    Topic Author
  • Freelance consultant (former roles: program manager, lecturer, process engineer)

Reply: Investigating the social determinants of open defecation in India

Just in case not everyone knows about this: There should be no need to ask someone on the forum for their e-mail address as any user can contact any other user by using the internal message function. You can see the message button to the left of the person's post or in their profile information. I have attached here a screenshot to indicate where the message function button is:

It is only visible/usable when you are logged in.

And strangely there has been some cases when the message button has disappeared. Our IT support person has been trying to solve that problem. I find that I sometimes have to refresh the page to make it re-appear. Therefore, if it is not visisble for you, please let me know (also tell me which browser you are using). Just e-mail me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or open a new thread for it, thanks.

Regards,
Elisabeth

Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Independent consultant
Community manager of this forum via SEI
(see: www.susana.org/en/resources/projects/details/127 )
Wikipedian, co-founder of WikiProject Sanitation: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Sanitation

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter: @EvMuench
Attachments:
You need to login to reply
  • F H Mughal
  • Long-term forum user
  • Senior Water and Sanitation Engineer

Re: Reply: Investigating the social determinants of open defecation in India

Just one small query:

Can someone send publications, say 4 publications of total size of 10 MB, through the message function? In case the answer is in negative, then, that means you still need the email address.

Regards,
F H Mughal

F H Mughal (Mr.)
Karachi, Pakistan
  • muench
    Topic Author
  • Freelance consultant (former roles: program manager, lecturer, process engineer)

Re: Reply: Investigating the social determinants of open defecation in India

No, the internal forum message function does not permit adding attachments. But I just wanted to point out that if you want to ask someone for their e-mail address it might be better to do it by using the internal message function, rather than making a forum post.
It relates a little bit to the "email charter" that you posted ( forum.susana.org/39-miscellaneous-any-ot.../21807-email-charter ) which is all about reducing e-mail traffic and saving the readers time. Forum posts get converted into e-mail notifications so they should follow the equivalent guidelines.

Anyhow, if you have good publications to share then best if you post them in a new forum thread (or into an existing one), either by attaching them or by providing the link (e.g. several of those publications by Coffey and Spears are already in the SuSanA library and have a URL from that.

We also have one of their projects in the project database here:
www.susana.org/en/resources/projects/details/101

Anyhow, you know that I always love seeing your forum posts and always say we need more people like you! :) My post on 7 October was aimed towards new people who might not know yet about the internal message function - so I thought I should point it out when I saw your question of "Kindly indicate your email address".

Regards,
Elisabeth

Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Independent consultant
Community manager of this forum via SEI
(see: www.susana.org/en/resources/projects/details/127 )
Wikipedian, co-founder of WikiProject Sanitation: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Sanitation

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter: @EvMuench
Share this thread:
Time to create page: 0.430 seconds