7000 SuSanA members and growing!

• secretariat
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Doreen Mbalo, Annkathrin Tempel, Shobana Srinivasan and intern Alokananda Nath

Re: 7000 SuSanA members and growing!

Our day starts celebrating 6000 members being part of SuSanA! 20% growth in just six months!

Have a look to this unique world of 6000 people:

Click here to zoom in the image and find your profile picture. Who is next to you?
[/i]

Once again thank you for enriching the discussions every day and working together towards providing sustainable sanitation worldwide. Welcome to the new forum members!

Warm regards,
Evelyn (on behalf of the SuSanA secretariat)

Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ Sustainable sanitation sector program
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Eschborn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org
Attachments:
The following user(s) like this post: muench, Jona
You need to login to reply
  • muench
    Topic Author
  • Freelance consultant (former roles: program manager, lecturer, process engineer)

Re: 6000 members and growing!

Hi Evelyn,

Woha, that's quite a cool map of SuSanA members you have put together there! At first I thought the location of the profile photo corresponded with the physical location but then I realised that is not so.

Nevertheless, it is very pretty! Which nifty little software or website did you use to create this? And while you created this, what did you find regarding the percentage of members who have uploaded a photo of themselves (or a logo of their organisation or something similar) versus those who haven't? My gut feeling is that perhaps about one third of members has edited their forum profile (and added something) but two thirds have not (i.e. those who are either new or haven't posted anything yet).

Regards,
Elisabeth

P.S. I have moved your post into the existing thread where we had announced ealier member number milestones. It is quite nice to have this "history" of how our member numbers have increased. :-)

P.P.S. If anyone now feels inspired to upload their profile photo, but doesn't know how to do this, please see here on how to do it (with video tutorial):
forum.susana.org/forum/categories/134-us...-with-video-tutorial

Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Independent consultant
Community manager of this forum via SEI
(see: www.susana.org/en/resources/projects/details/127 )
Wikipedian, co-founder of WikiProject Sanitation: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Sanitation

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Twitter: @EvMuench, website:...
  • secretariat
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Doreen Mbalo, Annkathrin Tempel, Shobana Srinivasan and intern Alokananda Nath

Re: 6000 members and growing!

Hi Elisabeth,

I used www.easymoza.com/index.php?t=11 to create the mosaic. The idea was really nice but the only problem we had was to adapt the size of the photos and wait around 20min while they were uploading. In the end it was really worth it!

Only 1000 members have profile picture, which means around 17% of the forum members. Hopefully the next time we will have all the photos to create nicer things.

Regards,
Evelyn (on behalf of the SuSanA secretariat)

Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ Sustainable sanitation sector program
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Eschborn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org
  • secretariat

Re: 7000 SuSanA members and growing!

I'm glad to announce that our forum community just past the 7000 mark! :)

Thank you for the interesting discussions, forum posts and publication submissions! Welcome to the new forum members!

You can see our growth curve here: forum.susana.org/forum/statistics

Kind regards,
Antonio

Antonio Seoane Dominguez
on behalf of the SuSanA Secretariat

Follow SuSanA on: www.susana.org , www.facebook.com/susana.org , forum.susana.org

Attachments:
Share this thread:
Time to create page: 0.652 seconds