Results from our discussion forum user survey now available

40.1k views

Page selection:
  • canaday
  • A biologist working toward sustainability

Re: Two more prizes for the discussion forum user survey

Hi Everyone,

I am writing to encourage everyone to participate in this user survey.
We would really like to know the opinions of the 4000 members of this forum, especially the Silent Majority, who we never hear from.

For example, if you just like to read the posts and it is useful to you, you can say so.
If you do not participate because you are disappointed for some reason, tell us so we can try to fix the problem.

An important section of the survey is on how to best serve members for whom English is not their native language. If you would be more comfortable to post in a different language, tell us what language you would like to write in so we can try to set that up.

One of the key goals of the survey is to try to figure out how to get more people involved and to make the Forum more interactive. I mentioned some suggestions in the second part of my Featured User Interview:
forum.susana.org/forum/categories/145-fe...m-california-ecuador

Best wishes,
Chris Canaday
Conservation Biologist and EcoSan Promoter
Omaere Ethnobotanical Park
Puyo, Pastaza, Ecuador, South America
inodoroseco.blogspot.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

You need to login to reply
  • cecile
  • Water and Sanitation Sector Leader for SNV in Burkina Faso

Hi Everyone !

Yes, it does only take 5 minutes to answer the survey's questions and it even give you hints on icons you've never noticed before !
It is really good to have the chance to make this forum even more user friendly.

Actually while making this post I was wondering, what difference does it make when replying to a post if I click on "quick reply", "reply" or "reply to topic". I have the impression it makes no difference.

Thanks

Cecile
Cécile Laborderie
MAKATI Environnement

• Doreen

Dear Everyone,

I completed the survey and now that I have seen the prizes to be won, I wish I could have all of them :) :lol:

The survey is really easy to fill in and takes about 5 minutes. I encourage everyone to participate as it will assist in improving your experience in the forum. Plus it gives you a platform to share your ideas on how best to improve SuSanA.

Best regards,

Doreen
Doreen Mbalo

GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Programme
Policy Advisor in Bonn, Germany
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
E This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• arno
  • Senior Research Fellow Stockholm Environment Institute

Dear all,

As one of the organisers behind this users survey, I warmly invite you to participate. Your responses will greatly help us in planning the next steps in improving the Forum!

Here is the link again:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZaO6UIuG68XufQh...oJ_fXWPpQH4/viewform

We have decided to make two more publications available as prizes - 25 of our Erdos book and 10 of our health compendium.

If you want to compete for these, you need to leave your e-mail address at the end of the survey. You can also state your preferred prize, but we will contact all winners again in early November to confirm their preference (subject to limited stocks) also asking for your postal address.

Details for these two books:

The Challenges of Urban Ecological Sanitation: Lessons from the Erdos Eco-Town Project, China
By Arno Rosemarin , Jennifer McConville, Amparo Flores. Practical Action Publishers.

It’s not in the SuSanA library for copyright reasons but you can view it e.g. on Amazon here .

Stenström, T.A., Seidu, R., Ekane, N., Zurbrügg, C. (2011). Microbial exposure and health assessments in sanitation technologies and systems - EcoSanRes Series, 2011-1. Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI), Stockholm, Sweden
www.susana.org/en/resources/library/details/1236

Best wishes
Arno Rosemarin PhD
Stockholm Environment Institute
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.sei.org
www.ecosanres.org
Attachments:
The following user(s) like this post: Carol McCreary

• secretariat
  • SuSanA secretariat currently allocates 2 full time person equivalents of time from members of GIZ Sustainable Sanitation Team: Arne Panesar, Alexandra Dubois, Maren Heuvels, Teresa Häberlein, Daphne Manolakos and Bettina-Sophie Heinz.

Re: Prizes that can be won by participating in the SuSanA Survey

Dear forum users,

We have all these exciting prizes waiting for you :) All you need to do is fill the SuSanA survey form and give us your opinion on how the forum can be modified to make it better.

10 of these:

10 of these:

100 of these USB memory sticks by SEI (40 of them are 1 GB and 60 of them are 512 MB):

10 of these:

10 of these:

30 of these:

(Posted by Shobana)
Posted by a member of the SuSanA secretariat held by the GIZ Sector Program Water Policy – Innovations for Resilience
Located at Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, Bonn, Germany
Follow us on facebook: www.facebook.com/susana.org, linkedin: www.linkedin.com/company/sustainable-sanitation-alliance-susana and twitter: twitter.com/susana_org

Attachments:

• Elisabeth
    Topic Author
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Re: Please take part in our SuSanA Discussion Forum User Survey - and win one of over 150 prizes!

This post provides further background information about the Discussion Forum survey that is starting today and information about the prizes you can win by participating in this survey.
  • The survey is open to anyone, whether a SuSanA member or not, but is designed for people who have used the Forum at least a little bit, be it for reading only or for posting as well.
  • The aim of this survey is to get your feedback on proposed improvements to the Forum and to find out a bit more what your preferences are when you are using the Forum. There is also ample opportunity in the survey to add your own ideas (e.g. in the comment box at the end).
  • We are aiming for a response rate of at least 400 participants.
  • The survey and resulting Forum improvements are part of the co-funding that was received by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for the Discussion Forum via a grant to SEI (I last posted about this in July here ).
  • By taking the survey, you will also learn about some of the lesser-known features of the Forum.
  • The survey questions were thoroughly reviewed and optimised in a review process spanning several weeks that involved the SuSanA Forum Committee as well as some additional people, and I am very grateful for their help!
  • The survey will run for the entire month of October.
  • The survey was created in Google Forms.
  • The survey results will be treated anonymously and will be presented on the Discussion Forum in early November.
We know that 5 minutes or more can feel like a long time for a survey, so we have looked for incentives for participation and have collected prizes to be won, which were kindly donated by various SuSanA partners and by SHARE (which SuSanA partner WaterAid is part of).

We have over 150 prizes waiting to be given out to a randomised selection of survey participants who fill in the survey and leave their e-mail addresses. Of course leaving your e-mail address at the end of the survey is optional, but we need it if you want to win one of the prizes.

Whether you leave your e-mail address or not, all responses will be treated anonymously.

The winners of the prizes will be notified in early November, after the survey has closed.

Details about the prizes on offer (each winner will get one prize; while stocks last, they can indicate their preference of prize): We would really like to know from you what we could do to make this Forum even better!
So please do take the survey, how about right now?

Here is the link to the survey:

Thank you very much in advance and good look in winning your desired prize if you are going to participate in the draw for the prizes!

Kind regards,
Elisabeth
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

• Elisabeth
    Topic Author
  • Freelance consultant since 2012 (former roles: program manager at GIZ and SuSanA secretariat, lecturer, process engineer for wastewater treatment plants)

Results from our discussion forum user survey now available

Dear all,

Now that this forum has grown to over 4000 members , it is a good time to invite you all to take part in a Forum User Survey! It is the first of its kind for the SuSanA Forum!

Here is the link to the survey:

If you are eager to get going with the survey, just click on this link and get started. It takes about 5 minutes to fill in (a little more if have have plenty of comments).

If you want to know more about why we are doing the survey and what you can win by taking part in it, then please read my next post in this thread.

We are very much looking forward to many responses and good insights into what our 4000+ members desire from the Forum!

Thanks and kind regards,

Elisabeth (in my role as consultant for SEI)

Together with: Trevor Surridge (GIZ, SuSanA Secretariat) and Arno Rosemarin (Stockholm Environment Institute)
Dr. Elisabeth von Muench
Freelance consultant on environmental and climate projects
Located in Ulm, Germany
My Wikipedia user profile: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:EMsmile
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/elisabethvonmuench/

Page selection:
Share this thread:
Recently active users. Who else has been active?
Time to create page: 0.791 seconds